Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Winning against Busyness

Here is a great post by JD Greear on practical ways to win the battle against busyness. As someone once stated, "busyness has killed more Christians than bullets ever have." Subconsciously I am one that feels like I am more faithful if I am "mo" busy; however, this myth has often left me & my wife on the brink of a major breakdown. Greear's article reminds me that in the Kingdom busyness does not equal faithfulness. Resting in Jesus as provider & sustainer is essential to my fulfilling Kingdom priorities. We are to expend ourselves for the Kingdom of God; however, merely being busy is not expenditure. I have found that churches are filled with "busy" ministries without lasting fruit, and I have often been the perpetrator of such. If I am going to "live long and prosper" in the Kingdom, I must cease being busy and start resting in Christ. I/you will find kingdom living and serving much more pleasurable and fruitful in seeking to be less busy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment