Saturday, December 27, 2014

Finished reading Al Mohlers Conviction to Lead last week. I will post a summary of the book and some pointers at a later date; however, one characteristic described by Mohler that "hits home" - "The Leader Knows that Time Is the Great Equalizer of Humanity." Mohler goes on to state, " I find myself constantly humbled by the fact that I am limited to the same twenty-four-hour days that Abraham and Jacob knew. The scarcity of time is the great level of humanity, affecting the rich and the poor, the powerful and the powerless." No matter where we lead or who we lead we are all limited by the same amount of time. The question remains, "what will I do with the time God has allotted for me today in order to fulfill His mission?" Time is indeed a valuable resource to be used for the Glory of God. If I, as a leader, desire to leave a legacy I must utilize every moment to further the mission given me by God. I desire to recognize "key moments" in time to communicate my convictions in each area of leadership God has graciously given me. More on time later, but for now I want to cultivate a "tender loving care of time" in my life as a leader that I may lead impressionably for the kingdom of God. I urge every leader to read Mohler's Conviction to Lead for great practical insight into effective leading.


No comments:

Post a Comment