Thursday, March 20, 2014

Gospel Giving Opportunity

Below is an email I read this morning from Brother Dave Black concerning a building project in India to further the gospel. I personally believe this to be a God-honoring, gospel opportunity to give to the building up of God's kingdom in highly unreached India. Having had feet on the ground there in Bagdogra numerous times, I testify that what you give will indeed be utilized to further the gospel. Kimberly and I are most definitely going to seek the Spirits direction on how we can give, Will you? If you have any questions over and above what is stated below, feel free to email me at: joelbradsher@gmail.com. Thanks in advance for your graciously giving (2 Cor. 8-9).


Greetings, friends!

What is the Gospel? It is giving. The early church radically cared for each other. It wasn't a social club. They went without to meet the needs of others. I should be willing to live in a smaller house if that would help a brother or sister. I should be wiling to give away one of my cars if a fellow believer needs transportation to and from work. Christianity is not proven by the books I write but by the number of strangers I invite into my home to sit on my sofa and open my refrigerator. If we're going to display the beauty of the kingdom, we're going to have to rebel against the world's values. We should be people seeking to serve others just as our Master was willing to serve.

As you know, I am intensely devoted to missions and evangelism. It wasn't always that way, but it is now. As you may also know, my good friend Mammen Joseph is trying to complete an important Gospel-centered project in northern India. God appointed Becky and me to help the Peniel Gospel Team establish a large private (meaningtuition-based) school that will generate the income needed to sustain this ministry for many decades to come. There are many benefits to this plan:

1) The community gains a benefit through education; this endears the work to them and opens their hearts to the Gospel.
2) The 2,500 Muslim and Hindu students coming daily to learn their ABCs will also have exposure to the Lord who loves them.
3) The ministry gains a stable income source for its outreaches; in fact, we expect that the vast majority of the needs for the evangelists, orphans, and seminary will be met through the school tuition income.

The project is well underway but needs our assistance for it to be completed. It will take only $200,000 to finish the construction. I am writing to ask for your help. I am asking that God would lay on someone's heart a willingness to help me complete the funding for this project. With eyes of faith, I believe the time is now for us to come alongside brother Mammen.

If the Lord so directs you, you can send me a check for any amount at 2691 White House Rd. Nelson VA 24580. Make your check payable to "Bethel Hill Baptist Church." Please write "India School" in the subject line. You will eventually receive a tax-deductible receipt from Bethel Hill. I will personally match any gift up to $100,000. If a hundred people gave $1,000, the need would be fully met (your 100,000 plus my 100,000). Ditto if two hundred of you gave $500.

Please commit the matter to the Lord. He will show you what to do :)

I love all of you!

In the precious Lamb,

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment