Thursday, December 12, 2013

Married to a Jewel

The writer of Proverbs 31 was instructed, quite possibly by his mother, that a virtuous wife's worth is far above rubies, "Who can find a virtuous wife? For her worth is far above rubies." I confess that I have found and married a Jewel; for, my wife, Kimberly Newton Bradsher, is indeed worth more than rubies. She faithfully trains 5 children daily, 3 biological and 2 adopted, while serving her husband and keeping the home. She works with her hands when sewing, cooking, cleaning, tending the horse farm, designing our future house, and then homeschooling our children. Her desire to faithfully serve the Kingdom of God excels far beyond mine in many ways. We share a passion to reach the nations with the gospel. She treasures Jesus above all else, rarely being distracted from the tasks at hand. I am thankful to my God for allowing me to marry a wife whose worth is "far above rubies!" I pray that if you have not found a Jewel to marry, that the Father will send one your way gentleman - though I am not so sure there are any quite like Kimberly :). 

No comments:

Post a Comment