Sunday, April 14, 2013

Turkey season has finally arrived! Man I love the early mornings in the woods awaiting the sounds of Turkey gobbles. Yesterday morning Jason Hatley and I found ourselves surrounded by gobblers, man does that get my blood pumpin, so we set up to call one in. Not long following, two emerged from the woods across the field. Wary of danger they moved ever so slowly. As they inched towards us I got anxious. One had a big white bead and a long beard. Biggest bird I have ever looked down the barrel at in hopes of taking home. However, I succumbed to anxiety and pulled the trigger too soon. Lesson Learned! Succumbing to anxiety will rob you both is the simple pleasures of life, like taking the Turkey, or the eternal pleasures intended by God. Waiting on The Lord provides the child of God the opportunity to experience God in a most astounding and pleasure able way. Wait, Wait I say on The Lord!!

No comments:

Post a Comment