Friday, May 6, 2016

Currently reading The Jesus Paradigm by David Alan Black which is challenging my thinking on a few different levels. One, am I truly seeking to live life through the perspective of Jesus or has and is cultural Christianity shaping the way I "do life?" Two, in my frustrations with the current state of the church, do I still love the church as Jesus does? I am reminded that though there is much about the church that needs reforming, reshaping, and revitalizing, I must love her as Jesus loves her. Three, am I cultivating an attitude of "mutual edification" in the body as is espoused in the NT? By my teaching & living am I promoting deeper Christ-like intimacy and "every-member" ministry or am I embracing the widely held & practiced "super-minister" mentality? I am grateful for books that probe my mind and heart to think deeply about the gospel and the church. If I can take time, I will write my thoughts on the book when I finish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment