Monday, April 4, 2016

"Back in the day," as many say, when I was in HS we called times that our performance was at an all-time low "being in a funk." Well I confess that in recent months I have been in a "funk" due to various reasons. My study of Scripture has been neglected along with my Biblical Greek studies, philosophy reading, and yes teaching my family the Word. Yes, I have often blamed it on busyness; however, I have less commitments now than I have in years. The fact of the matter is I have not faithfully disciplined myself in these areas.  Paul instructed young Timothy to train/discipline himself for godliness. In an age where discipline is at an all-time low, I am asking the Father to empower me to be disciplined. I am in need of training that leads to godliness/holiness. O to enjoy the pleasure of godliness through discipline. 

No comments:

Post a Comment