Sunday, January 31, 2016

Pray for an unnamed brother

Below is a report from a missionary brother in the Sudan. I simply plead that you would pray for our brother, whose name I do not know, but who is very much a part of our family - a brother in Christ. O may God use such tragedy to grow the Word there rapidly & show His beauty, power, and glory! 

 "We sat and listened as he made a plan to reach his home village. We discussed the desperate need to take the Gospel to his family who had never hear the stories of Jesus. But yesterday we received a message. His village was attacked on 8 sides. Most of his people were slaughtered and their bodies thrown in the well, the houses were burned, his village is no longer. Those who were not killed are now trying to escape on foot. He talked with his sister, who in now alone, running for her life with an infant in her arms, and an AK-47  on her back. Her husband was already killed. I am not trying to shock you; what is happening to this village is not uncommon in this part of the world. I only wanted you to know how desperately quick we must move. Oh church, we speak with urgency not because people are getting old and dying without Jesus but because they are being killed before we can get to them. Also, I am writing this because my friend asked me to let people in America know so they can pray."

No comments:

Post a Comment