Thursday, November 26, 2015

“Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever!”
Psalm 118:1 ESV
http://bible.com/59/psa.118.1.esv

Being thankful is a disposition of the heart, not merely a word spoken or a day of celebration sanctioned by the government. We are to give thanks because we are thankful! Thus being said, I not only give thanks but am thankful for who my Father is as well as what He has done & is going to do. Meditating on His works has been a necessity for me today as I feel compassed about by many of the waves of life. Such being said, I am grateful/thankful to the Father for the gospel of Jesus Christ. He, through His Son, has redeemed me from sin while presently working sin out of me and eventually will deliver me from its very presence. Who am I that He should do this for me? I am a nobody, but thankfully He is a somebody who cares for the "nobodies"of life. I am also grateful/thankful to the Father for my wife, my best friend, and help-meet whom God uses to encourage, exhort, and edify me daily. Praise & thanks be to Him who is worthy of our praise! O and she cooked a fabulous Thanksgiving meal for us to enjoy while at the beach. Have a great Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment