Friday, March 13, 2015

Look to the North

The love of God compels us, followers of Jesus, to abandon all in order to make disciples of all nations, including our own. Growing up in the south, I envisioned the US as a place where gospel-preaching churches were plentiful. Due to my limited experience in traveling abroad, I was under the wrongful impression that everyone, especially in the US, knew who Jesus was and is. My perspective came crashing down about 10 yrs. ago upon discovering the many people groups around the world, summing millions of people, who had never heard the gospel nor the name of Jesus. My "eye opening" experience did not stop there as I discovered the vast lostness in the US alone. I was a victim of the "Bible-belt" mentality, as some of you reading the blog were or still are. Needless to say I was shocked when learning the lack of gospel witness in the Northern Territories of the US. Over the past 3 yrs. I have had the opportunity to travel to Vermont 3 times and Lord willing will take a 4th trip this July. I am amazed by two things: 1) The low percentage of Evangelical Christians in Vermont; 2) The amazing manner in which the Father is working to bring light into the region. God is calling many to the region to either plant churches or join with church planters to spread the Good News of Redemption through Jesus Christ in that region. Are you praying about where God is calling you to make disciples? Are you seeking to discover where God is at work so you can join Him (Henry Blackaby)? I exhort you to Look to the North. Follow the below link to discover more of how God is working in Vermont and how you can join in reaching this state with the gospel.


http://www.vermontchurchplanting.com

No comments:

Post a Comment