Friday, October 10, 2014

Focused Investment

Burdened this morning as I consider the vast need of a Christian witness in the 10/40 window (pictured below). This area encompasses the greatest amount of unengaged/unreached people groups in all the globe. Throughout the book of Acts we encounter the advancement of the church propelling from Jerusalem outward. The Mission of the church had be given to them by Jesus Himself (Acts 1:8). They were to go to the ends of the earth testifying of Him. The Mission of God, commanded by Jesus, remains the same for the church in 2014. We are to be expending our resources (time, money, energy, etc.) carrying the gospel to the ends of the earth. Every job we work, every company we own, and every investment we make should be aiming at fulfilling the Great Commission. Evaluation in the church is necessary! Are we giving and going with intentionality and focus? Is our passion the same as that of Jesus? I am challenged this morning to focus my investment, the investments of my family, on reaching the unengaged/unreached peoples in the 10/40 window. The Father has opened the door in the past two years for me to partner with an indigenous church planting ministry (The Peniel Gospel Team) in NE India. Though in recent days I have been laced in my praying and planning concerning my partnership with them, today I seek to refresh my Focused Investment. Have you discovered an unengaged/unreached areas where you can make a focused investment for the Kingdom of God that has eternal returns? If not, I encourage you to pray and plan to embrace a people group in the 10/40 window to build a kingdom partnership. Need some direction? Below are some resources you can utilize in partnering with a people group.

Peniel Gospel Team - joelbradsher@gmail.com

IMB Embrace: http://www.imb.org/main/lead/embracedefault.asp?StoryID=9651



No comments:

Post a Comment