Thursday, September 25, 2014

Presently reading Michael Green's Thirty Years that Changed the World, his commentary on the book of Acts. His approach is profound, enlightening, instructive, and creative bringing the life of the early church alive. I would recommend anyone who desires to understand the life of the early believers to devour his book :)

I am challenged by how he describes the vitality of the early church. He states, "It seems to have been white-hot for many of them much of the time," when describing their vitality. I find myself growing cold and indifferent at times losing my thirst for the Scriptures. Would that the Father grant to me, and I pursue such, a deep thirst for the text that consumes my energy and my time ending in my being "poured out as a drink offering" for others to know and grow in Him. White-Hot is where I desire to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment