Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Persistence in Parenting

Reminded this morning by a brother in Christ of the valuable and fruitful work of being persistent in daily teaching my children the gospel. The greatest missionary training facility in the world is the Christian home. God entranced parents provide the front lines of preparing men and women to fulfill the mission of God - glorifying Himself among all tongues, tribes, nations, and languages (Rev. 5:9). Distractions often draw us away from this lofty task, thus I/we must decide to persistently immerse our lives and the lives of our children in the Scriptures. I desire as a parent is that my children will enjoy the greatest pleasures that God's Creation has to offer. I desire for them to enjoy life to the fullest. God Himself is the source of the greatest pleasure - he Himself is the one that pleases - all else leads to unsatisfactory results and insatiable desires, but God fills man to the full with Himself satisfying Him forever. Let us lead our children to the fountain of pleasure that never runs dry nor never fails to satisfy. Give them Jesus (John 4). Thanks my brother for reminding me to be persistent in this most pleasing endeavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment